Saturday, March 6, 2010

In Like A Lion... Out Like A Lamb





**I had to re-do some of my settings in order to get my comments working - they are now in pop-up window form. You should be able to post comments as long as you choose allow for this website if you're using a pop-up blocker. **

I can finally feel the edges of spring starting to peek in around here. Today it is sunny and breezy and an all-around nice day. We took Fluffhead for a walk around the lake - he made lots of new doggie acquaintances.

Last week I applied for a position in our company's training department. I still am a little ambivalent about it, though since it would be so different from my current department as far as atmosphere and the type of work I'd be doing. Right now, my department is big, with lots of socializing, although the nature of my work lends itself more to coming in, getting the work done, then going home (which I love after having to constantly work outside of my job for teaching). The training department is very small and requires a lot of interaction with both established and new employees. You're basically some of the first faces that people see when they begin working there. And I'd be lying if I said it didn't somewhat depend on the pay raise. I had an informal meeting with the heads of the training department last week which seemed to go well. I have put my name in for a formal interview, so now it's just a waiting game...

I also applied to be a writer for the website The Examiner. Basically, sites like The Examiner hire freelance writers to post articles about topics they are local "experts" in. This creates a place with lots of local information written by people who actually live there, and it also generates revenue to the website through ads and readership. I have been accepted as the Vintage Style Examiner for the city that I live in. I'm excited to both have a purpose for my writing and to maybe even pick up a few extra dollars in the process! My plan is to check out all the local shops and do write ups about them, then do some pieces about vintage style in general.




Also, I finally got the haircut I wanted yesterday! I took in a picture of Liz from My Life as Liz & the hairdresser did a great job!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wassup girl!

-Rob

lisa said...

Congrats on your new writing opportunity! Can't wait to see your new haircut!